Saturday, August 28, 2010

Android Application Development Program

Android and android again...
I have just finished this program yesterday and a lots of things i learned from it.

Basically this program is under MDeC(Multimedia Development Corporation)  which was conducted by a company. In this matter , SAGE Sdn. Bhd. was responsible to make the training happened."MDeC is incorporated under the Companies Act of Malaysia, and owned and funded by the Government. At MDeC, we combine the entrepreneurial efficiency and effectiveness of a private company with the decision-making authority of a high-powered government agency" - taken from MDeC website. For more details about MDeC , just click the MDeC.
 

This program was held at Seminar and Conference Centre,De Palma Hotel,Menara PKNS ,PJ.
So , my journey from Bangi to PJ tooks me about 30min and it is quite tiring sometime. I need to attend 5 days full training from 8.30am till 4.00pm.

In Android , the programming that we are using are Java+OOP(Object Oriented Programming)+XML. Hence for me that didn't know about all of above except programming skill such as C/C++ , it make me lost sometime. Luckily i have C/C++ programming knowledge that can help me to pickup a lil bit on the training. 

First day of training , we were teach on how to setup layout,button,text,textbox and widget. Then we were learn how to react with the button if the user click certain button and etc.It will involving a lots and lots of classes.Sometime i don't know why so many classes. It make me sick of wondering in front of the lappy with lots of coding.

Second day , we were continue with "Activity","Life cycle of program" , menu and dialog , tab n doing some exercise.

Third day and fourth are also coding and exercise about doing map,gps,xml parse and etc.

Last day , we were doing our own application.During that time , the instructor aka Mr David Freeman will assists us on our project. In the evening , keynotes speech was given by him and he showed us about UNITY ( a program bout OpenGL) .
And here i'm doing my best effort to finish my apps before 17th September for submission.

Well , basically my app is about searching Halal Product in HalalJAKIM website via android which enable the users to get info more easily.My focus is more on food premise such as restaurant,fast food and any kind of food premises in Malaysia. This is very crucial because we don't know either they already have Halal Cert or not. We heard many of these premises fake the Halal Logo.It is my concern on Islam Community regarding Halal matters.
 
    My task is doing a GUI in android and link it to the website to retrieve any data that users requested. To parse the info , i need to know how to manipulate the java script as the website didn't have any RSS which can make my life easier. That is my challenged.Hopefully i manage to do it. So that android users can search the premise and they won't wondering whether this food premises are cert my JAKIM or not.

Wish me luck my dear friends.

Here are some of photos from the workshop. Enjoy.....

My ID (the date is wrong)

That is Daniel Freeman

A lots of people in this room - 30 people i think

I'm doing the programming
 
 My program but still in progress
 
Congrats to Me ^.^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tak sabar nak tunggu produk anak malaysia dalam industri android ni....

Shahmi said...

Thankz....

Tapi perlu juga bantuan dari pihak berkenaan utk update segala details yg berkaitan